Welcome to the Special Needs Advisory Committee
Welcome to the SEPAC of Woodland Park. SEPAC stands for Special Education Parent Advisory Committee and its purpose is to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities. Our committee works along with the Director of Special Education, Susan Confrancisco. All districts in NJ are required to have a SEPAC in place.
Our committee’s name is SNAC, Special Needs Advisory Committee and our symbol is an apple with a heart inside. This committee is open to all parents. The committee holds meetings throughout the year and has guest speakers on various topics.
The purpose of SNAC:
To provide direct input on the policies, programs and practices that impact services and supports for children with disabilities and their families.
- To increase the involvement of families of children with special needs in making recommendations on special education policies.
- To advise on matters that pertain to the education, health and safety of children with special needs.
- To advise on unmet needs of children with disabilities.
- To provide a support group for parents of special needs children.
- Fundraisers for the special needs class rooms, therapy rooms and social events.
- To support the inclusion of students with special needs into the general education population to the greatest extent possible In SNAC we are more than just parents with children of special needs… we are family.