IMPORTANT HEALTH REMINDERS FROM THE NURSES
Parents should not send students to school when they are not feeling well. For school settings, the CDC recommends that students and staff with the following symptoms be promptly isolated from others and excluded from school:
- At least two of the following symptoms: chills, rigors (shivers), myalgia (muscle aches), headache, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose; OR
- At least one of the following symptoms: fever (measure or subjective), vomiting or diarrhea, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new olfactory disorder, or a new taste disorder.
Ill individuals with suspected or known COVID-19 must stay home, follow up with their healthcare provider for further guidance, and notify the school nurse.
Masks-If your child plans to wear a mask from home:
- It must fit appropriately
- not have a vent or exhalation valve
- not be a gaitor-type covering
For students with a history of Asthma or RAD:
- If your child requires a rescue medication during the school day please be sure to provide an asthma action plan (see link below) from your healthcare provider.
- Be sure to administer your child’s medications prior to sending them to school.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions nebulizers cannot be given in the school setting at this time. Make sure the action plan and medication that you provide for school is an inhaler.
Allergies and Epipens
- If your child has a life-threatening allergy and requires an Epipen please fill out the following forms:
- Be sure to sign all parent areas (front and back of forms).
- Bring Epipen and forms to the school as soon as possible.
Missing Medical Information
If you still have not turned in medical paperwork (immunizations, current physical exam, or The Woodland Park Medical Questionnaire (see attached link) please do so as soon as possible. This information is required and if not received by October 8th your child will be excluded from school. Medical Questionnaire
We greatly appreciate your understanding regarding these health issues. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Teresa Carbonelli, Memorial School Nurse email@example.com
Lynn Roehrich, Beatrice Gilmore School Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Meyer, Charles Olbon School Nurse email@example.com
Lauren Avallone, School 1 School